Translate

Documentary Film 2011 (Halong Bay, Vietnam)(Part 2)

HALONG BAY, Vietnam 
Filmed, Directed & Edited by Rorne Tan
(April 2011)





A STORY ABOUT PETE & SAO

 (Part 2)

Hanoi & Halong Bay, Vietnam

I was filming the whole of Hoan Kiem Lake at Hanoi one day and found a couple posing for their wedding photos. Every tourists took the opportunity to take pictures of them also. The couple passionate gestures reminded me of a story I used to know about an American soldier called Pete who married a Vietnamese girl called Sao and it was that instance I formed an idea of a story to fit into my documentary films. Later when I travelled to Tam Coc and dropped by a little temple, I met a Vietnamese girl sitting at the main entrance of the temple. She seemed to be the care-taker of the place and when I asked her what she does, she said she works there part time to take care of the temple and to show the tourists around the temple if requested. What amazed me more was when she said her name was "Sao". It became clear to me that maybe this is not just a co-incident but rather a sign that I need to do this story for Pete and Sao and also for Vietnam. So there you have it. This is Part 2 of the story. Hope you enjoy the story in this film.

Now, live your life to the fullest ya! Join our tour!

Best regards,
Director Rorne Tan
Documentary Filmmaker